Food Bank of South Central Michigan (FBSCM) – is a regional food bank that works to feed hungry people by collecting and distributing food and grocery products, advocating for hunger-relief programs, and collaborating with others who address basic human needs. FBSCM seeks to hire a Full Charge Bookkeeper with strong bookkeeping and organizational skills.
The responsibilities of the Full Charge Bookkeeper include maintaining the organization’s general ledger, preparing financial statements, assisting with grant reporting and budgeting, tracking program and grant expenditures, and preparing bank reconciliations.
- Associate’s degree in related field preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience; nonprofit and grant accounting experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse people and community groups
- Self-motivated and well-organized with the ability to work independently and efficiently
- Experience using QuickBooks or similar accounting software, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, as well as a strong knowledge of internet resources
The position is full-time and is based in Battle Creek, Michigan. Salary will be based on experience. Benefits package included.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Cathy Adcock email@example.com, Contract CFO, for consideration.
The Food Bank of South Central Michigan is an equal opportunity employer.